The Polio Research Committee’s call for proposals
Research proposals that support the Polio Eradication & Endgame Strategic Plan 2013-2018 may be submitted for review and funding recommendation to the Polio Research Committee (PRC). Preference will be given to proposals developed by GPEI partner agencies and their research collaborators. However, other institutions may also submit a proposal if it addresses our priorities.
The current PRC current priority is to generate data supporting first two objectives of the Polio Eradication & Endgame Strategic Plan 2013 - 2018:
I. Detection and interruption of all poliovirus transmission
• Assess the feasibility and impact of IPV use in campaigns in infected and endemic areas
• Evaluate innovative methods for enhancing AFP/environmental surveillance in high risk areas for poliovirus importation
• Assess innovative methods to increase community acceptance of polio vaccination
II. Strengthening of immunization systems and withdrawal of oral polio vaccine
• Explore communication strategies for IPV introduction into routine immunization
• Develop affordable IPV options (i.e. intradermal IPV administration techniques, adjuvants, new noninfectious IPV strains)
If you have a proposal to submit, please send it by emailing the completed application form [MS Word] to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline for the current round is 9 October 2015.
In order to be considered, applicants must turn in a complete research proposal by the deadline. Applications that are incomplete or have missing parts will not be considered. If the proposal is considered to meet our priority, the proposal will be forwarded to the Committee for their consideration.
Refer to detailed guidelines with information on how to prepare a proposal for the PRC submission.
The Global Polio Eradication Initiative © Copyright 2010